Friday, February 11, 2011

Cardboard Box Blues


Greetings Friends,

This was going to be a post about what a moron I think Lindsay Lohan is. Hence the picture. Then, I remembered, I have to pack. I'm moving on Tuesday.

When you freelance for a living, and life gets in the way, you have to either juggle, or pray that your clients can bear with you for a few days while you sort your life out. I've never moved as a freelancer, so I'm not quite sure what to expect. All I know is, I'm tired of looking at all the boxes.

I've never been a transient sort of person. I like to put down roots and stay for a while. The past few years have been somewhat nomadic, and I'm hoping to give it a rest for a while. Living and working in one place is very appealing to me, and I think the space I'll be living in will be conducive to a productive work/life balance. At least that's how I feel right now.

Writing is a solitary activity, and right now, I crave solitude. So, happy days are ahead. Fingers and toes are crossed.

Have a great weekend.

Nava

No comments:

Post a Comment