Friday, August 6, 2010

The Dog Days Have Arrived


Greetings Friends,

August is one of those weird months; it's still summer, but there's that feeling of impending gloom as the clock ticks towards the new school year, cold weather, and 12 more months gone by. It's been almost a full turn of the calendar since I put down roots here in the Great White North, and although I've found myself a job I really enjoy, I still don't feel very "settled". Does anyone ever really feel settled? What does it mean to be settled anyway? If there are cogent answers to that question, please, by all means, make yourself heard.

In the meantime, I feel the need to make a list. It's something I have yet to do as a blogger, and now is as good a time as any:

I haven't read a newspaper in weeks; I can't bear to watch CNN, and even venerable CBC News anchorman Peter Mansbridge isn't doing it for me anymore. Clearly I am not well.

When I started this blog back in April, I had 49 Facebook friends. I now have 88. Does that mean I am 39 times more relevant than I was 4 months ago?

I spent all of yesterday within close reach of a Cinnabon pastry and never touched it. I swear.

I don't think I'll ever feel as Canadian as I do American. Although, I wish I could do a better job developing a Canadian accent. I hate getting busted for sounding so "Brooklyn".

Everyone is going on vacation by August 20th, except me. Am I in France or am I in Canada?

I am a huge Lady Gaga fan; think what you will.

I have more work than I know what to do with. If I had stayed in the US I'd most likely be unemployed.

Embracing social media wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I actually enjoy it now.

I want an iPhone 4 more now than when I wrote about it.

and last but not least...

I am "emotionally exhausted and morally bankrupt." Anyone who can tell me where that line is from wins an all expenses-paid trip to the Cayman Islands and a set of steak knives.

Have a lovely weekend.

Nava

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Dave. Please let me know when you'd like to collect your prizes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete